This highly accurate variable thermostat from Greenhouse Sensation, enables you to adjust the temperature of the environment within your propagator, with a control range from 5°C to 42°C / 41°F to 108°F.
Easy to use with clear easy to read digital display, ideal for Heated Propagators, Heat Mats and Greenhouse Sensation Vitopods.
- Temperature control range: 5°C to 42°C / 41°F to 108°F
- Temperature display range: 0°C to 60°C / 32°F to 140°F
- 1.5m lead for thermostat probe
- 1.5m power lead (UK 3 Pin plug fitted as standard)
- 1m lead to socket
- 230V input and output voltage
- Maximum load: 1000W
- Maximum amperage: 4.5A
Setting up the thermostat
- Connect the plug of the Vitopod, X-Stream Heat or Heat Mat the socket of the thermostat
- Plug the thermostat into the wall outlet
- Feed the thermostat probe through one of the vents in your propagator or where you want to monitor the temperature (DO NOT PLACE IN SOIL OR COMPOST or ALLOW TO TOUCH THE BASE)
- When plugged in the current temperature registered by the probe will be displayed
- Press the ▼ DOWN arrow button to display the temperature in Celsius
- Press the ▲ UP arrow button to display the temperature in Fahrenheit
- Press the SET button once to display the current (set) temperature
- Press and hold the SET button for 3 seconds to enter the temperature selection mode.
- Press the ▲ UP or ▼ DOWN arrow buttons to adjust the temperature
- Once the desired temperature is reached press the SET button again to set the chosen temperature
- The HEATING LED illuminates when the base is in the process of heating and will go out when the set temperature is reached
The majority of heated propagators are designed to reach the desired temperature within 5 hours. If it takes longer than 5 hours to reach your desired set temperature, consider moving the propagator to a slightly warmer area.
PLEASE NOTE: Generally you can only expect a heat lift of around 10°C to 12°C / 50°F to 54°F