Why use a heated propagator?
They are the perfect choice for germinating and propagating a wide variety of seeds and seedlings. Including firm favourites such as chillies, tomatoes and peppers. Our heated propagators have a variable thermostat, allowing you to set the desired temperature for the species of plant that you are intending to grow. This is especially important as some seeds need a warmer environment than others to germinate successfully.
How it works:
Seeds or cuttings are sown or transplanted as normal and placed inside the propagator. The desired temperature is then set using the digital thermostat. The thermostat probe is placed inside the propagator where you want to monitor the temperature.
Unlike most heated propagators the heat is dispersed evenly across the entire base, therefore there are no hot or cold spots resulting in even growth. Temperature is fully adjustable from 5°C to 30°C allowing for maximum control over your plants environment.
Propagation lid helps maintains the heat and humidity required for successful propagation. As plants develop, the butterfly vents in the lid can be opened to reduce humidity and gradually harden the plants off ready for transplanting.
N.B. The propagator will only raise the temperature 10oC above the ambient temperature of the room the unit is situated in.
You will receive
- Heated propagator base
- Propagation lid featuring 2 butterfly vents
- Variable thermostat with probe
- Length = 61cm
- Width = 42cm
- Height = 27cm
Hints & Tips
- To set air temperature suspend the probe in the middle of the propagator. If setting air temperature please be aware that the base temperature will be 1°C to 2°C higher than the air temperature.
- To set base temperature place the probe on the base of the propagator.
- Avoid placing the propagator on the floor, this will help reach and maintain the desired temperature.