Well it is 2017 and our growing season has started early here at Solargrow. We sowed our tomato seeds on the 11th January and we are pleased to say these have all germinated now.
The varieties we have sown so far are:
- Orange Paruche – Succulent, sweet and flavourful orange cherry tomato.
- Sweet Aperitif – Super sweet and delicious red cherry tomato
- Rosella – Sweet rose-pink cherry tomato.
- Sungold – Sweet and juicy golden-orange cherry tomato.
- Cristal – Sweet and tasty red tomato.
I know its late but just to complete last year’s Sakura tomato yield. We topped out at 15.55kg on 30th October, this was a real increase over our previous best.
Now we are moving onto the 2017 season with very high expectations. The guys in the heated greenhouse are well underway and soon will be posting their progress on this site.
For me the polytunnel is still in winter mode but the first jobs are looming. One thing I will certainly do again is to plant a crop of dwarf French beans prior to the tomatoes going in. See our archive for last year’s results but safe to say the tomatoes were not reduced one iota. I shall be sowing the beans in pots in early March. So the season begins!!” John